STUDENT REGULATIONS FOR DAYSCHOLARS / BOARDERS
It is the policy of Spicer Adventist University to maintain a safe and healthful environment for its students. The manufacture, distribution, possession, trafficking in, and consumption of alcoholic drinks, chewing of pan or gutka or tobacco in any form, and use of illicit drugs is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy is grounds for disciplinary action up to and including immediate discharge and permanent dismissal of the student.
Smoking, card playing, gambling, possession and use of pornographic material (books, pictures, photos, videos, etc.), sexual relationship or any other such antisocial activities are strictly prohibited and are definitely punishable.
The faculty and the institution reserve the right to remove students from classes if their behavior threatens the purposes of the class by exceeding the bounds of normal academic freedom.
All students must dress modestly, and be neat and clean at all times and adhere to the following requirements:
1. Hair kept clean and neatly styled. Radical styles must be avoided.
Men: Hair should be cut short and trimmed, and beards and moustaches, if grown, well groomed.
2. Shorts are not to be worn in classroom buildings, library, caferteria, convocation programmes, assemblies, chapels and places of worship.
3. The following are specifically prohibited in terms of Dress Code:
1. Sloppy clothing, tank tops, clothing that is torn or frayed,clothing with printing which contradicts university standards.
2. Tight fitting and revealing styles, sheer fabrics, revealing tops, bare midriffs or shoulders, miniskirts, skirts with deep slits.
3. Jewelry including bracelets, friendship bands, necklaces, chains, medallions, earnings, and rings
The University does not discriminate on the basis of religion, colour, gender, ethnic or national origin. Students are expected to conform to these ethics.
Students are expected to conduct themselves with discretion and in a manner which will not embarrass other people.
9. Ragging and Sexual Harassment:
It is compulsory for every student to sign Anti-ragging declaration form every year during the registration process. Any unbecoming, unruly, unwarranted and sexual behavior which creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment in violation of university standards will be dealt with very seriously and invite expulsion and rustication. Further, serious offences of this nature will be dealt according to the laws of the land.
The University Administration reserves the right at its discretion to discipline a student through Disciplinary Committee whose action may result in suspension or permanent dismissal.
Every student seeking admission to the University (and the hostel) shall be required to sign the following declaration in the Dean of Students office and abide by the rules: