A nation is molded in the nondescript class rooms of the country, hence the art of teaching takes a centre stage. A strong vibrant nation requires its citizen to be globally oriented and locally effective. For this we need torch bearers who light the minds of the young. This noble task is done by the teachers of the country. In the 21st century where the environment is changing rapidly the need of the hour is to train teachers who can transact the content meaningfully using technology as well as influence the young minds of the moral values (tolerance, peace, integrity, respect, honesty, faith & service) which hold the society intact.
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is a two year teachers training programme equipping the teacher to teach from standard VI to standard XII (Primary level to Secondary level)
1. To develop a healthy value system based on the cultural, social, moral bases of the Indian society.
2. To acquire various teacher competencies through qualitative multilevel practices.
3. To develop a teacher identity through theoretical discourses, school, community based experience and reflective practices.
4. To become aware of the psychological, sociological and philosophical principles and practices which influence
schooling of the learners.
5. To get acquainted with multiple professional responsibilitiesfor performing different tasks in the school.
6. To act as agents of social change with modern tolerant outlookto the multilingual, multiethnic and diversified society.
7. To promote unity in diversity in the social fabric of Indiansociety with global out look but effective locally.
8. To be sensitive to the issues such as environment, population,gender equality, tolerance, respect to others.
9. To develop critical thinking and inquiry based learning for theprogress of the learner and society
10. To develop rational thinking, scientific temper and openmindedness.
1. Eligibility for Admission
1.1 Candidate with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree in Science/ Social Sciences/ Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with